Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day Two

IT WON'T STOP RAINING! I had planned on FINALLY going out for a nice long walk around my old neighborhood but yeah... I'm not going out in that.

So I've been sitting at home, reading and watching random things. I watched this documentary film about the puppeteer for Elmo, Kevin Clash. It was pretty good and I admit I did cry twice. But I haven't cried about him today. I tend to ignore my pain and I am REALLY good at it. It's a survival mechanism I've worked on since I was a kid. Poverty, dysfunctional family, alcohol abuse, horrible illness, etc. When you're poor, one thing builds off of another.

So this break up isn't the worst thing I've ever been through. I still have a roof over my head and food to eat. My basic necessities haven't been messed with. Not to belittle what he meant to me. He meant everything to me. I changed my life in order to be with him. But there is comfort in knowing the base of my hierarchy of needs is met.



No comments:

Post a Comment